Payment for Entry (2023 Event)
Following the recent ballot draw, we sent out emails confirming if you were successful or unsuccessful in the ballot. All successful ballot winners received an email with a link to make payment, unfortunately, due to Barclaycard tightening their security we have experienced roughly a 70% card failure rate. We appreciate this is extremely frustrating and we apologise for any worry or inconvenience this has caused.
Because of the extremely high card payment failure rates, bank transfer is now our primary payment method if your card payment fails. This is quite a slow and manual process, but we ask that you follow through with your successful ballot entry and make payment using this method.
We will also send out a reminder email on Monday 19th December 2022 to anyone who has received a successful ballot place but not yet made payment.
Because of this issue, we have also extended the deadline for payment to be made for successful ballot winners to Wednesday 11th January, giving everyone plenty of time to make payment.
The process of making a bank transfer payment is quite long, so we have summarised it below:
1) Refer to your successful ballot email (sent out on Tuesday 13th December)
2) Try again one more time to make payment via card (ensuring the details you put in match exactly the details of the registered card)
3) If that fails, please request to make an alternative payment by clicking on the ‘alternative payment’ link and filling in the form.
4) After 3-4 working days you will receive details on how to make a bank transfer payment via email from our IT team Sterling.
5) Make a bank transfer and complete the second form to confirm you have made a bank transfer
6) It will then take 1-2 working days for the bank transfer to clear and for Sterling to process you into the system. You will then get a confirmation email of payment
7) If you do not get confirmation after 1-2 days you can also check you are on the 2023 RIDERS LIST. Please note, you will not show up on the riders list immediately after making the bank transfer, it will take 1-2 working days for Sterling to process you into the system.
Please be aware that Sterling do not work weekends.
We are very sorry for this inconvenience, however, we urge you to continue to support our charity event by going through the process above and making payment for your successful ballot place.
From Paul Loftus MBE and the Wheelbase Fred Whitton Challenge Team